Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Fartlek at Hickory Hill

I ran 45 minutes today on the Hickory Hill Park trails ... it was an outstanding run. It was overcast and at one point it rained pretty steadily. So it was kind of refreshing after all this heat. I started pretty hard and ran 9 minutes on the trail to the right, which exits to the Dodge Street shelter. Then I stretched at the shelter and continued running to Dodge Street (13 minutes) and back to the start. That was about 26 minutes. Then I took off again and hit the trail to the left, which goes out to Rochester. I ran 1 1/2 minutes up Rochester (10 minutes) and back pretty hard to the start. So a total of 45-46 minutes (5 miles, conservatively). It was a great run ... I'm at kind of a breakthrough point, I think, because I am running relaxed and loose and easy. The pace is picking up ... even on these non-interval days. Things are coming much easier. For example, I am able to take a slight upgrade and run it hard to the top and feel outstanding ... relaxed and loose. I am unsure of what I want to run tomorrow. I had planned on doing 5xOld Threshers "halves." I'll see what I feel. But today was pretty fast and I don't want to overpush it.

5 miles. Week -- 15.8

Sunday -- Threshers? Or maybe up to Linden Road mile and back, then out to four corners and back (4.2).

Monday -- Easy in CJ with girls. (3)

Tuesday -- Off (travel)

Wednesday -- Go to College of the Ozarks track in the morning and run 10x400 with 1-minute rest again. (4.5)

Thursday -- 4 miles easy somewhere.

Friday -- Off

Saturday -- Maybe longer? (70 minutes?)

Sunday -- 4 kind of easy.

No comments: