Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Awesome 400s workout

Today I felt real strength in my workout. I ran with the girls for about 12 minutes (they were running 20) to park, around park loop, and back and they were pretty much cranking it out. I had planned to go the full 20, but only if it were a warmup pace because I planned to do 400s on the track.

I did do 400s on the track, with a 1-minute rest between each interval:
1:45, 1:44, 1:45, 1:39, 1:42, 1:43, 1:45, 1:41. Then 3 laps in lane 8 for a cooldown. I was very happy with that. I was giving an effort, but trying to be as smooth and in control as I could. No foot or knee pain at all. If I am reading the charts correctly, that should put me in a spot to run a 5K in the 22s. I can do that. I am planning to go for it at Wapello.

4 miles.
Week total -- 12

Saturday -- Run 65 minutes down the main street road and back.
Sunday -- 3 miles (giving me almost 22 for the week).
Monday off --
Tuesday -- Mile warmup, then back and forth on the winfield gc back stretch 4 times. 1 minute rest, then 4 more times. Then mile cooldown.
Wednesday -- 3
Thursday -- 4 easy.
Friday -- Off
Saturday -- Wapello run.
Sunday -- 3 easy.

No comments: