Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

In good form

My running is going well. The last two days have been good. Yesterday, Friday, I ran 45 minutes (my longest to date for this session) out the airport road to eastlake (19 minutes), around the driving range and soccer fields (7 minutes) and back home (18 minutes). 4.7 miles.

Today, I felt wonderful. I got up and felt light and strong. So this afternoon, on a terribly humid aftgernoon, I drove to the track and ran 12 laps in lane 8. 2 laps warmup, then 2 laps on (about 8:20 pace) and 2 laps easy (9:20 pace). It was 30 plus minutes. 3.4 miles. Then three 100-meter strides.

I've just been doing a good job of building up to this, not missing any days and running well.
I believe I am about at 40-42 VDOT (about 24 minutes for 5K). I want to continue to run consistently and lose some more weight and get down in the 22s for 5K this summer.

No comments: