Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Great weekend

It was a strong weekend of running. Saturday, I ran again up in Iowa City. This time, I did Hickory Hill again and ran about an hour. I ran 30 minutes on the trail, then out and through ACT, back on Dodge and back down to Hickory Hill, then another 10 minutes. 60 minutes total.

Today, I felt remarkably well after running an hour yesterday. I ran out at Eastlake, one park loop for a warmup (on which I felt a little tired from yesterday), then three driving range-soccer fields loops, then back up the driving range hill and back for 30 minutes. Then I ran four very loose and fast strides, 25 seconds or so. I feel remarkably strong and fit.

weekly total. 21 miles.

This week, June 27-July 3:
Monday (off)
Tuesday -- Run with girls in CJ. Easy run with them, then 2 miles of threshold -- 400, 600, 800, 600, 400. (4.5 miles)
Wednesday -- Easy, 25-30 minutes. (3 miles)
Thursday -- Run with girls in CJ. 35 minutes. (4-4.5 miles)
Friday -- (Off)
Saturday -- 60 minutes. (6 miles)
Sunday -- 20 minutes (2 miles).
total -- 19-20 miles

July 4-10
Monday -- Trail run 5K (4 miles)
Tuesday -- Off
Wednesday -- Threshold (threshers 800s). 4 miles
Thursday -- Easy 3 miles.
Friday -- Off
Saturday -- 6.5 miles
Sunday -- Easy 3 miles.
total -- 20-21 miles

No comments: