Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Winter continues

Tonight was a very good run. I broke it in two segments, planning to just spend some time running aerobic pace. Just staying at that pace. But I want to push the pace if my body allows -- I am just getting back those competitive juices, and they are pushing me.

It was 21 degrees outside with a W-NW wind of 20 mph. So I didn't spend too much time outside. I ran four blocks around Wesleyan -- 5:30-5:18-5:00-4:57. It felt a little better all the time. So about 20:30 outside, then I went inside.

I met up with John, who was running 3 x 2 miles with 5ish minutes rest. I ran with him, laps ranging from 43-46 -- in other words, 8:36-9:12 pace. I ran 2.5 miles inside and probably 2.3 outside, for 4.8 miles in 42:50 -- about 8:50 pace. If I'm even able to run a minute faster per mile faster than that at Drake, I'll be at 38:55. I want to be at 37 minutes or below. Actually, I love the idea of 36 minutes. That would put me in the top 10.

I'm having no issues, except my blister is just a little tender -- not broken open, but tender.

Sunday, I ran 30 minutes on the treadmill -- really picking up the pace for a long spell. It felt pretty good.

Miles on shoes -- 173

No comments: