Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Good tempo run at Wesleyan

Monday, I ran on the treadmill -- 30 minutes, pretty steady. What is better is that it was the day after my long run and I felt pretty good. Tired, but good.

Tonight, I ran a tempo run at Wesleyan. I warmed up with a 10-minute run (45 seconds a lap, or about 9:00 pace). Then I came back and ran about a mile and a half (about 11 minutes) in tempo pace. That was about 38 or 39 seconds a lap, or about 7:35 to 7:50 pace per mile. I felt really good, in control. I got tired toward the end and I eased up.

Then I cooled down about 5 minutes, talked to John and Mike, who were also running at the track. So I didn't quite get enough of a cooldown, and I got home and ran about 7 minutes up and down Linden Drive.

About 35 minutes, 3.8 miles.


Miles on shoes -- 160

No comments: