Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

My tentative schedule

I am putting in the miles now so I can run the Drake Relays on the Road 8K at the end of April. For a tuneup, I want to do the Mount Pleasant prediction run out at Eastlake Park. Goal in Des Moines: 36 minutes. Follow the 8K training schedule.

Then I would like to taper and get faster, shooting for the master's mile on the Augustana track in Rock Island at the end of June. Goal -- break 6:00.

Then I'll start doing some good summer training, running maybe once a week up at Columbus, and getting in great shape.

From there, I want to run a fast 5K at the Watermelon Stampede in Muscatine in August. Sub-22 minutes.

Then I run the Iowa City Road Races Run for the Schools in 21 minutes in October.

No comments: