Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Promising then a little setback

I ran down the Oakland Mills road from the town square. It is a very hilly route, and I decided to run about 22 minutes out and then come back. I went out 22:20, and was running pretty easy. It turns out that is 2.5 miles -- so I did that part in 8:55 pace. Very encouraging. Then about 3 minutes into the run back, I felt a twinge in my left calf (I think soleus). It cramped up and I was hopping on one leg for a short period. I walked for a while, did some light stretching of it, then jogged back. It was a total of 43 minutes, so I ran about 21 minutes coming back. It is sore, so I took some ibuprofen and iced it for a while. It is a nagging thing I wish I could get over.

Miles -- 4.6. Miles for week -- 8.7

Miles on shoes --43.6

No comments: