Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Excellent effort

Last Sunday I started my weight-loss effort, and I already have shed a couple of pounds. I'm sure it's just psychological, but I felt lighter and quicker today on my run. Of course, I had run only 22 minutes Tuesday, just walked about 41 minutes yesterday, so I was nice and rested.

I ran the 3.75 mile bike path-Eastlake route in 33:40, which is the best time I have produced, as I look through past entries. It was about 8:57 pace, and it was a little tough in the heat (85 degrees but not nearly as humid as the past few weeks), but it was a steady run and I felt no aches, pains, tweaks, stiffness, etc.

Then I cooled down with about 5 minutes easy.

4.15 miles -- 6.65 for the week.

Miles on shoes -- 29

No comments: