Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Update after N.O.

Today, just 29 minutes easy on the grass at Eastlake Park. I was a little sore -- especially the knees -- after a good quality workout yesterday. But it was a good "active rest" day. I felt very easy on the soft grass.

Miles -- 3. Miles for week -- 14
Miles on shoes -- 184.5

Friday, Sept. 17 -- I ran 13:15 to Old Threshers and stretched. Then I ran three "800" loops with 4 minutes rest between loops. I tried to make the running as effortless as possible, which is very difficult on those loops because, at two different junctures, there are winding hills on the route. My times: 3:57, 3:47, and 3:51. I wasn't going all out, but trying to keep it smooth. I wanted to run four, but that will come. Then I ran home, 13:08. So it was 38 minutes.

Miles -- Probably 4.4

Wednesday, Sept. 15 -- I was in New Orleans for the 90/90/90 conference. I got up early after a good, spirited run the day before. I ran probably 2 miles toward the French Quarter along the river. Just a recovery run.

Tuesday, Sept. 14 -- This was a good run. I ran at 6 a.m. down Canal Street to the river, then along the river and then northward onto Elysian Fields road. About 14 minutes into the run, I ran on the grassy median of Elysian Fields. I was going pretty good. I ran 21 minutes out, then felt very good coming back in 19:44.

Miles -- I think it was 4.6

Sunday, Sept. 12 -- At 6 a.m., before I took off on my trip, I ran two of the 2.5-mile bike path loops. 5 miles in 48 minutes.

Miles for week -- 18.5

Saturday, Sept. 11 -- I ran at the Benton Community cross country meet. The first half-mile several times. Probably 3 miles.

Thursday, Sept. 9 -- I ran the Columbus City loop with Claire, Cristian, and Kassandra. We ran very steady, 24 minutes. 8:25 pace. Then i ran to the park and around the loop and back. 38 total minutes.

4.4 miles

No comments: