Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Turkey update

I ran 20 minutes on the treadmill Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, and just seemed like I needed to because I was hurting -- left achilles area and knee.

Then I rested Thursday to save up for a good run Friday. And it was real good. I ran 45 minutes -- probably averaging 8:30-8:40 pace for most of it. I ran on trails in West Des Moines as we stayed with Jenny. Very strong effort, but then the knee and foot(feet) sort of told me it was a little too hard.

I got up this morning and they were sore, but as I worked through the day raking leaves and taking a walk with Tammy, they felt better. Now, at 8:40 p.m., they feel good. So I think this thing will go away soon. Tomorrow, I think I will just run on grass -- a pretty easy effort -- maybe 30-35 minutes.

Miles this week -- 10.3

Miles on new shoes -- 18.5

No comments: