Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Tough workout at Old Threshers

Tonight I ran about 14 minutes as a warmup the long way to Old Threshers. Then I ran three 800ish repeats on the gravel path (starting at the bottom and winding up at the end of the first road). I think it must be 800 or so. It's kind of a switchback trail and uphill in a couple of spots.

My times: 3:50, 3:36, and 3:23, with a couple of minutes rest between each one. Nothing too great, but I ran pretty hard. I concentrated on keeping it smooth and even, but it was hard to, especially in the dark. The other time I ran this workout I ran 4:00, 3:48, 3:36 -- 10-13 seconds slower per run, plus I had less rest this time. This was Sept. 20 -- so almost 2 months ago. This felt good. Strong. I recovered pretty well.

I ran back (the south route) about 11:30, so the total time was 40 or 41 minutes.

4-4.5 miles. Total miles for week -- 8.5

Miles on shoes --286

No comments: