Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Threshers run

41 minutes -- 14 minutes to Old Threshers (on the new road), then three half-mile-ish tempo runs (4 minutes, 3:48, 3:35), with a 4-minute rest between.

I am feeling better while running than I have in the last 15 years, since my marathon. And even then, I was hurt often. Now, I am not experiencing an injury that gets worse the more I run. i have finally found a good, productive zone.

And I am running smart, too. I can't imagine doing things better than I am. Harder, shorter intervals last Wednesday, rest Thursday, 51-minute long run Friday, rest Saturday, 41 minutes with some tempo running today. I am stressing a different aspect of my conditioning each time. Plus the rest is invaluable.

Tomrorow, I will run a couple of miles with the ms kids, then Tuesday I will jog around on the Mount Pleasant course cheering for the Columbus runners. Then Wednesday, I will do another track workout (maybe 4 x 1,000 meters in 4:24 -- hopefully 5 of them).

4.3ish miles today. 18.5 miles for the week. 194 miles on the new shoes.

No comments: