Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Morning run

I got 2 days rest after my 1,000-meter workout, not exactly by choice but I could use it. I would have run yesterday, but I got home and watched my beautiful granddaughter while Tammy was taking a class toward her master's in Burlington.

This morning, I got up at 6 before the baby was up and before Tammy took off to class. I ran 41 minutes around the high school on the bike path and then around the 900-meter grass loop twice and home. Pretty easy pace. It was good to get back out there.

After I run the Iowa City 5K, I'm going to take 4 weeks to get ready to run a mile as fast as I can. I like the Runner's World The Solid Mile plan.

Plans for next week, etc.

I think I'll try to run Sunday, maybe 45-minute fartlek.

Monday -- Off/Iowa City for the CCA cross country meet.

Tuesday -- Easy/30 minutes.

Wednesday -- Completely off

Thursday -- 5-minute warmup, 16 x 300s on the track, with 100 walk rest, 78 seconds, 500 cooldown.

Friday -- Off

Saturday -- 55-minute run.

Total miles on my new shoes -- 205

2 comments:

Sub 5 at 50 miler said...

Great! Glad to hear you're going to make a mile attempt. I still suggest running at least one "practice" mile before that, even if it's by yourself on the track.

Riley said...

Thanks for your encouragement. I am not at your level yet, but I am getting better. I feel great running, I do believe I can run a pretty good 5K in two weeks -- for me, that would be 21-something. I would feel awesome about that. Then, for the next month after that, I want to see if I can get some fast workouts in. I have no idea what I can run a mile in -- it will have to be a time trial on my own because there are no track races around here. So we'll see. Thanks again. I am inspired by your results.