Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Good week

It started today as a run around the high school on the trail. But I felt very good -- the knee was feeling little pain. So I ran the hills hard, then when I got back home, I decided to run back up Linden Drive to the mile mark and back. I ran a total of 41 minutes, including 8:30 the last mile and even faster pace as I was progressing through the hills. 4.5 miles.

I mapped out a good course. Either 4.8 miles or 6.4 miles. To the park the long way, but keep going until I get to a gravel road that goes to the Interstate south of the high school. Follow that all the way to Grand, take a right and if I go right home, it's 4.8 miles. If I go left at the intersection after the high school then run out and back past Old Threshers, it's 6.4.

Saturday, i was at the Central College Cross Country invitational and saw some great cross country. Our Sam Chaney won and Columbus finished a respectable sixth as a team. Marty Gingerich ran the 6K college course in 22-something. I did a little running. Probably 12 miles for the week.

Friday, a good night of running on the fields in Eastlake, including five laps on the 900-meter grass trail. Those laps were from 8:40 to 8:20 pace (4:50 to 4:39). 4.7 miles.

Wednesday, 1 mile with the middle school runners, then we played ultimate Frisbee. 1.3 miles.

Tuesday, maybe 22 minutes of running. Ran on the cowpath road, then went up to IMS and ran and followed some of the kids. 2.5 miles.

Monday, 27 minutes of running. 3 miles.

Total on new shoes -- 161 miles.

No comments: