Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Good stretch

I have done well the last three runs. Today, I ran 30 minutes, albeit on the Wesleyan Indoor Track on this icy day. My pace is excellent -- probably just below 9 minute pace. And I had very little to no pain.

Tuesday, I ran 35 minutes outside around the high school path and through East Lake Park. Also an excellent pace -- probably 4 miles.

Sunday, I ran very well for 40 minutes. It was a longer run, probably 4.5 miles around the high school trail and then around the trail around East Lake. Longer trail run. I twinged the lower right calf in the last 5 minutes and just eased in. Happily, it hasn't caused any problems since then. I'm just watching it.

Running is coming quite easily -- and quite a part of my routine. I'm motivated to stay in shape -- I just go out and do it, even if I don't feel like it. That's part of it. The other part is that I want to coach the middle school girls' track team and I want to serve as a good role model for them.

Miles on shoes -- 100

No comments: