Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

On a roll

If all my runs could match today's. I warmed up with 6 minutes on the treadmill, then stretched. Then I went outside for about 25 minutes, up Linden Drive and back, adding a little time by circling around on some side streets on the way home. I was running easy -- I passed the first mile marker in 9:24.

The day was beautiful, light blue sky with some clouds, and the road viewable for a mile -- like a white ribbon through the town.

It was 30 degrees -- after a few days of the coldest weather in Iowa in 10-12 years. So it felt great, with a south breeze that didn't cut through my body.

My lower legs are feeling great. No Achilles problems, strains, or soreness. I did a little self-diagnosis and decided not to wear the orthotics anymore. That, combined with good, new shoes, has given my legs new life.

Thursday was one of the best treadmill runs I've had -- 32 steady minutes, with the last 4-5 minutes a pretty good pace. I felt light, like I was really running.

Tuesday, I ran with Connor, about 20 minutes through Wayland, then with Madison, about 4-5 minutes in the halls, then I stopped on the way home and ran down a desolate gravel road near Olds for 3-4 minutes and back.

Thank God that my running is going very well.

No comments: