Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Monday, January 26, 2009

4.25 miles

Happy Birthday, Tammy!

I really felt like I could do this, and I did tonight. I ran two town loops in Wayland for 4.25 miles. I ran the first loop in 20:11 and the second in 19:41. So it was about 9:22 pace. This is good. My base is getting pretty solid, and now I probably need to throw in a surge or two as I run.

Half-mile: -- 307 W. Front
Mile -- House with inflated snowman
1.5 -- Intersection of 4th and Pearl.
2.0 -- Daycare.


I want to taper back on the mileage a little and not do too much too soon.

The weekend was very good with a 33-minute run on the treadmill Saturday. I threw in some 10 minutes at about 6.2 and a minute of 6.9. So it was very solid.

It feels close to when I was getting ready for track in high school. I'm way slower, but it feels similar. I will get to where i want to go with running and coaching. God wants me to have fun doing this, and I am.

No comments: