Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Great weekend

My weekend of running was outstanding. On Saturday, I went to the state meet. The weather was beautiful -- 50 degrees, sunny, a little windy. There were about 1,000 runners between the boys and girls, and the crowd was huge. It was colorful and spectacular on a perfect fall day. I took pictures for Surveyor, which I think came out pretty well. It was great to see the kids -- they seemed happy to see me. The Wash girls team finished eighth -- I think they are capable of doing better. I wish I had the opportunity to coach them. But in a week, I will start running with them and see how things go.

My running on Sunday was very good. I upped the time to 24 minutes, some on grass and some on pavement. and I was again very steady. Still a little soreness in the lower back, but I had it nice and relaxed and stretched out.

My wife is the most supportive person in my life toward my goal. She also would like me to take a teaching job where I could also coach cross country and track -- which is something I want badly. I'll see how that goes. Like my 5-minute mile goal, I'll take it steady, one step at a time.

No comments: