Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Good milestone

I survived a good test over the weekend. Saturday, I road my bike out to Eastlake and I ran three miles (5 loops of the Eastlake road) in 29:15, which is 9:45 pace, but it was in a howling, cold wind. Sunday, I ran the RiverRun 5K in 26:47 -- which is 8:38 pace. Certainly nothing to brag about, but it is good news to have done that at this stage of my training. A good milestone.

Then I took two days off running. I was going to run Tuesday, but it was very cold and rainy and I was extremely tired. So I ran last night -- Columbus City loop in 26 minutes. It was very hard, but I am getting there. A little at a time. At my age, it gets harder to get back into shape. I have to stay smart and do this the right way.

Friday, I'd like to run 33 minutes.

No comments: