Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Motivated

I was thinking of our top runner -- and the top runner in the state -- tonight as I ran 38 minutes up to the park and down the road past the airport and back. Sam broke a bone in his right foot and won't be able to run at the state cross country meet Saturday. It is extremely sad.

I am motivated and I felt it tonight, especially on the way back. I was running sub-9s as I returned to town. I want to have a great winter of running so I can hit the ground running come spring. I want to run the Drake Relays Ont he Roads 8K in April, then hit the track and get ready to run a mile on the track next summer. Then do my fall routine, do some good mileage and get ready to run a 21-minute 5K at the run for the schools next summer.

Monday night, when I got home from districts, I ran the 2.5-mile loop around the school.

Total miles on new shoes -- 255

No comments: