Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Columbus Day 5K

I ran the Columbus Day 5K today in Columbus Junction. Time: 23:18. I am pretty happy about that. I will be running the Run for the Schools in a week, and I think this was a good workout for that. I know I will run faster.

It started downtown, and we ran up the Second Street hill -- tough start. Then we ran past the school, to Orchard Lane, around that neighborhood, out Flatiron and back on Colton, then wind down to the park and a loop in the park, back out and take a right at Second Street and down the hill. I passed Taylor and Caitlyn about at the school.

It was cold -- 32 degrees -- and after the run it started snowing. But I felt OK, other than I had to go to the bathroom part of the way in. That may have slowed me a little. Left lower leg down by the Achilles was hurting just a little, right hip-butt area was hurting, but it was OK. I was going fast and feeling competitive.

Last night I ran 15 minutes on the treadmill.

Miles on new shoes -- 234

No comments: