Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Good week

Tuesday, June 30: Just two miles in Old Threshers, real easy. Felt kind of achy and not in a running mood.

Thursday, July 2: 38 minutes. I ran on the track and the perimeter 3/4 of a mile or so. Just warmed up about 20 minutes or so, then threw in four 400s. I started what I thought was pretty hard, but it wasn't: 1:52. Then jogged a 400 and ran one hard, three more times. 1:47, 1:42, and finally 1:37. Leg speed -- and this knee, which I really need to figure out how to run fast on -- kind of hold me back on these runs. But I'll keep doing them until I get them right. Next time, I should run four 400s at 1:42 and below.

Saturday, July 4: This was just a real feel good run. I was out at Eastlake Park, and I started out feeling pretty good. Running easy on the grass of the soccer field and 900-meter grass trail. It was spitting rain, humid, and the grass was spongy. I pushed one grass loop in 4:52 (8:40 pace).

Then I got back to the soccer field/driving range and was going to do one loop, but my legs felt so light, and the effort felt so easy, that I took a couple of loops. I ran 38 minutes, feeling great, and then did four 20-second strides (about 80 yards). It was an awesome run.

Miles on new shoes: 35

No comments: