Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Golf course repeats

Today I went to the Winfield golf course and had a nice speed workout. I ran the perimeter one and a half times (18 minutes) to warm up and then measured off what I think was about a 400. I ran it 5 times, jogging back to the start each time. Times: 1:58, 1:50, 1:46, 1:43??, 1:44. I'm starting these off a little slow each time I do repeats. I think I'm not quite sure how it feels to run fast yet. But then I'm settling into a good pace that I can maintain. This actually might have been longer than a 400 -- it seems like it because the effort I gave was closer to the 1:32 I ran on the track last week. It was definitely faster than what I envision to be my 5K pace. But it's all good. It was a good workout. I feel like I can give a strong effort now and have some reserve left over. I ran a total of 44 minutes, including cooldown. Total miles: about 5.

Miles on new shoes: 88

No comments: