Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring has sprung

Spring has sprung, and so has my running. I felt great tonight. I started with 12 minutes on the treadmill, then did 21 minutes to the Hy-Vee road and back. I just felt so much in control. The wind was blowing and it is pretty cold, but I felt strong. I'm pushing it in spots and my legs are responding well.

I completed my coaching authorization last weekend and will be helping the boys' cross country team in the fall. This is great motivation for me. I will start in the back with some of the JV/young runners and give them encouragement/motivation/direction. This gives me great motivation to keep going. Keep plugging away toward that 19-something 5K in the fall.

I also found out I will be teaching one less prep next year -- with a group of kids I really like and have a lot of connections and knowledge.

No comments: