Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Monday, February 13, 2012

3 trips around cemetery

Very steady, but hard run. I ran to the cemetery, did three loops, and back in 32:30. It seems very hard because, 1. I'm not in the best possible shape. 2. It's after school, and I got up at 5:30 a.m. 3. It was snowing and coldish.

But this is the benefit of this run I need to impart to kids: Be consistent. Be steady. When these runs seem hard and going nowhere, keep your eyes ahead and just plug away. There will be 70 days this summer. Run consistently for 55 or 60 days, and you will be ready. There will be 77 days of the season. Run consistently for 66 days, and you will get somewhere.

By the way, cemetery is .55ish.

Yesterday, I felt so loose and strong. I ran with Luke for 11 minutes out at the park.

44 miles.

No comments: