Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Update

Today was a surprisingly good run. It was 4.6 miles, up and back to the First United Methodist Church. The 2.3 going was in 21 minutes, 9:09 a mile, with little pain to the knee. The 2.3 returning was in 20 minutes, or about 8:42 pace, which was very smooth. I'm getting stronger.



Yesterday, I ran about 2.5 miles after school in Columbus Junction. I ran with some of the girls on the cross country team, and we went kind of hard into town and then back up the hill. Then I ran 5 more minutes on the track. So the fact that my knee was OK today was a real plus. The knee doesn't get worse -- there's always a weakness and a bit of a pain. some days are worse than others.



One day after school early in the week, I ran about 4 miles -- 38 minutes -- up through the park and back. I was extremely tired but made it.



Last Sunday, I was going to do 7 laps of the grass 900-meter trail in the park, with a stretch of fartlek every lap, but only made it about 4. It was very hot and I was dehydrated. Truly a tough run. About 3 miles.

Total miles on new shoes -- 118.5

No comments: