Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fast tempo

Monday, I ran with the Columbus cross country team. 4 miles, "tempo", which Coach Jay described as somewhere between a jog and a sprint. I told Mike I was going to try to run with the 8-minute-mile group. Well, I didn't run with those boys -- they went much faster. But I did run 8-minute miles. I made it in 31:47 -- 7:57 a mile. I ran 15:42 for the first two miles, or 7:51 pace, and 16:05 coming back -- or 8:02 pace. It was great that I could run that well. I was hurting, but it felt great to be able to do that.

It portends a faster 5K for me. I've got to be able to run 22 minutes or so, which I'm going for this October in Iowa City.

Now, tomorrow, I will be running with the middle school cross country kids. Coaching them, trying to start them to a lifelong of running.

Miles in new shoes -- 122.5

No comments: