Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Plugging away

Today I ran 46 minutes around the soccer fields at Eastlake Park. It is amazing how fickle this knee can be. Today there was very little sign of pain. I threw a couple of fast laps in there -- one 5:03 and one 4:45. I felt great. 4.5 miles.

Friday, it was 48:30. That was an easy run after a tough day of school. About 5 miles -- down to the track, a lap in lane 8 at 9:20 pace, and back. I probably averaged 9:25-9:30. The knee was painful the entire run.

Thursday, I ran with the rambunctious middle school kids. About 18 minutes, two miles. They want to go off in a sprint, and I need to make sure they are able to pace themselves for a longer stretch of running.

11.5 total miles. Miles on my new shoes -- 134

No comments: