Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Right on pace

Yesterday, I ran my longest run of the current training session -- as I get ready for the Watermelon Days 5K in Muscatine. I ran 55 minutes, covering 6 miles. Up and around the bike path loop (2.4 miles), then around the park (1.3 miles), then up Linden Drive to the Park road (2.3 miles). It served a good purpose, to help expand my aerobic base.

I didn't run Friday -- we were at a very cold and windy track meet at WACO, but our kids really ran well, winning the 4x800, 4x400, and getting second in the shuttle hurdle relay.

Thursday after practice, I ran a hard workout -- 10-minute warmup, 7 minutes down the hill toward Cedarcrest, 8 x 30-second hills at 5K pace, then jog back down, then 7 minutes home. About 33 minutes of running, 3.3 miles.

15-mile week. 251.5 miles on shoes

No comments: