Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Longer run

I ran 4.65 miles this morning before it got tremendously hot. It was probably 75-80 degrees and very humid after more rain last night. I ran this in 44:45, or averaging about 9:30ish a mile. That includes 9:15 coming back, after I was warmed up.

It was a good run, for the purpose of building this aerobic capacity, which will help everything. There is some soreness in the knee and achilles area, but it's kind of typical for any run I do.

Eventually, these longer runs will be easier -- and I'll do up to 6-7-8 miles. But I don't feel like I have to do high mileage. I don't like it, my body doesn't do well under it, and this kind of run serves my purpose of building aerobic capacity.


Total miles on my new shoes: 13.5

No comments: