Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

A little faster

About 33 minutes with two faster 900-meter loops on the grass path toward the end. I ran one in 4:20 (normally about 4:55-5:00) and one in 4:03 (about 7:15 pace). It was quite warm and I scaled back the pace over the other parts of the run.

This was a good workout. I can't say as I am burning things up, but I am managing to train a little faster while not hurting myself any further. The knee is still sore, and I keep doing my exercises -- straight leg lifts. At times I think they are doing well, and sometimes I don't think so.

I just kind of believe that when I get back from vacation, I will be able to do the winfield, or west point, or salem run in 22-23 minutes, then shoot for a fast 5K -- 21 minutes? during the fall. Maybe that would be a good goal -- 21 minutes before I turn 50.

Total miles on my new shoes: 16.5

No comments: