Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Perseverance

It's been a while. My running is going pretty well. I have only been off schedule twice, and now I have run two full months.

Yesterday was the best run yet and gave me a good test of where I am. I ran 4 miles in 37 minutes -- up to Eastlake Park and back. On the way back, I pushed it, especially on a hill, and felt very strong.

Patience is paying off. I've had several obstacles, including blisters on both feet (from hurriedly putting on my socks and not smoothing out folds), a twisted ankle from last week as I was finishing my run with the girls team, a slight pain/tightness in my right hamstring (an injury I've never had before), and a little soreness in the right achilles.

So it isn't automatic. I have to work hard every day to make this happen. But it is worth working hard every day to make this happen.

No comments: