Running bike path on Valentine's Day 2010.

Monday, November 19, 2007

48 years old

Today is my birthday and Thursday is Thanksgiving. I am truly grateful for my life. I have a loving wife and family. I have great kids and stepkids. I have a good job. I have my running again for the first time in a long time.

I have done three good runs since the last time I wrote. Three miles Wednesday over a hilly trail near Bever Park in C.R. with the girls. Then three easy miles at 5 a.m. Friday morning. Finally yesterday, three-plus miles over a hilly course at Old Threshers. I found a good spot where I can do half-mile repeats when I put those into my schedule next year.

Today I will try to finish my trimester grading and then plan for next trimester -- a book called "First They Killed My Father" that is very compelling and one I hope kids are interested in.